Need a Houston Roofing Company?
As a Houston roof company for residential and commercial properties, Paramount Roofing understands that most property owners do not know very much about roofing. We feel an obligation to not only provide excellent service and fair prices; we also believe we should help educate our customers so they can make informed decisions when it comes to choosing a commercial or residential roofer.In most cases, you will hardly notice that your roof is doing its job, which is keeping you, your family and your home comfortable and dry. If you find yourself thinking about your roof, you are probably having problems with it. That is when you realize how vital a good roof is to the safety of your home. It is the first and last line of defense from Mother Nature and the sometimes brutal Texas weather. If your roof has a leak, it needs to be stopped before it causes damage to the underlying structure.If you plan to reroof your home or business, you will need to consider the cost, the durability of the new roof and how your new roof will affect the appearance of your home. In today’s world, property owners are also adding the environmental impact of a roof into the equation.A roof can last for a lifetime if it is made from quality, durable materials and is installed correctly. Some roofs in Europe have lasted for centuries. Naturally, there is always a Houston roofer who promises that their inexpensive roof will last 20 years, but cheap roofs tend to develop leaks and require repairs somewhere around seven to 10 years after being installed.The materials play a major role in a roof’s lifespan. Here are the averages.
- Asphalt shingles with three tabs last 15 to 18 years.
- Architectural asphalt shingles last 24 to 30 years.
- Metal or Galvalume roofs last 30 to 45 years.
- Concrete tiles last 35 to 50 years.
- Built-up or modified Bitumen lasts 10 to 16 years.
- EPDM rubber roofs last 10 to 16 years.
If your roof is limping from the last nasty Texas winter, if you notice missing or dislodged shingles or if you just want to upgrade your roof so your home looks nicer, give us a call or complete our website form for a free estimate from the Houston residential roofing and commercial roofing professionals at Paramount Roofing. You can also take advantage of our Houston gutter installation, leaf guard and Houston gutter clean out services.
Roof Life Span Factors
Average life spans are dependent on average conditions, but a variety of factors can shorten or lengthen a roof’s life. The following conditions can drastically affect a roof’s lifespan.
- Color – A dark roof absorbs more heat. This shortens the lifespan.
- Angle of roof slope – Roofs with a higher pitch last longer.
- Roof surface orientation – A southern-facing roof has more exposure to the sun, which shortens its life.
- Multiple layers – A roof that is installed over another roof will have a shorter life.
- Material quality – Cheaper materials have a shorter lifespan.
- Poor installation – Improper installation shortens the roof’s life.
- Attic ventilation – Poorly ventilated attics lessen the roof’s life.
- Trees – Tree branches that rub against the roof shorten the lifespan. The acidity from leaf debris and sap does too.
- Severe climate – A severe climate with brutal winters and hot summers shortens a roof’s lifespan due to expansion and contraction.