There are a few common reasons for a Houston roof replacement. You might want to change your building’s appearance. You may have just purchased a fixer-upper that needs a new roof. You could be getting ready to sell your home or you have storm damage or leaks.
To calculate an estimate, many factors come into play. An experienced Houston roofing company knows which of those factors affect Houston residential or commercial roofing and will take them into account.
Estimating the cost of a new roof involves any or all of the following.
- What materials are required
- The roof’s pitch or slope
- The building’s location
- How much repair work will be required
Naturally, simply replacing damaged shingles will not cost as much as replacing the entire roof and repairing any noticeable problems. However, even for an easy job like shingle replacement or a Houston gutter cleanout, it is in your best interest to hire a professional roofer that is licensed, bonded, and insured.
If your roof is leaking or missing shingles, the underlying causes of the roof’s failure must be addressed before the roof can be repaired or replaced. You have to consider that whatever damaged your old roof will also damage your new roof unless the problem is remedied. Needed repairs have to be included when estimating the cost of a new roof.
What Causes Roof Damage?
Various events can damage your roof over the course of time.
- Weather – Nobody can control the weather, and the weather has no mercy. It can damage almost any type of building. A fierce thunderstorm or extreme weather can damage your roof in the course of one night. Rain might get beneath your shingles, which sets the stage for rot and mold. Ice can damage your shingles by melting and freezing. On the other hand, the sun’s UV rays can cause a slow, steady decline in your roof covering.
- Mold, algae, moss and condensation – What starts out as a minor problem can blossom into a big headache. Moss can spread across a roof quickly and cause it to rot. Condensation can also start the rotting process. Mold can spread to the interior. A Houston residential roofing professional knows how to adequately ventilate your home to prevent this.
- Deterioration of the roof materials or flashing – Any damage to the flashing or shingles will make your roof age faster, lose its strength and fail.
Cost of Materials
The cost of materials is another variable. Shingles are the least expensive option and are available in different grades. Tile is more expensive, provides increased protection and is good at retaining heat. Slate is the costliest roofing material, but it is durable and attractive.
Your choice will depend on a few factors.
- The weather where you live
- The proximity to trees or hills
- The slope of your roof
After taking all these factors into account, we can give you an accurate estimate for replacing your roof.
Get a free Houston roof quote from Paramount Roofing Inc., the experts in new roof and Houston gutter installation. Call us at 713-748-4000.