How is your Sugar Land roof faring after last winter? Was it damaged by wind or hail? You can determine if your roof is damaged by checking a few things before calling a Sugar Land roofing company. Inside your home or business, look for the following tell-tale signs of roof failure.
- Water damage on the ceiling
- Outside light shining into the attic
- Damp attic insulation
Examining the exterior will also tell you if your roof needs to be examined by a Sugar Land residential roofing company. Paramount Roofing looks for these problems.
- Damaged flashing
- Missing or bald shingles
- Curled, blistered or buckled shingles
- Rot or algae growth
- Wear around the chimney, vents or pipes
- Shingle granules in your gutters
If you notice damage, you need to talk to a Sugar Land commercial roofer. You have two options. It can be restored or replaced. Only a roof that has been regularly maintained can be repaired. Otherwise, you will have to have it replaced, which leads to the question how much does a roof cost in Sugar Land?
The price for a replacement roof depends on the materials you use and the type of roof you have. If the slope of your roof is steep, it will cost more to replace than if it has less slope.
The material you choose for your roof will also affect the price.
- Clay shingles are and exceptional choice in the Sugar Land area. They are durable, beautiful and repel rain and hail well. They cost more than other types of roof coverings, but they are worth it. You can expect that they will last for several decades.
- Steel is a fine choice for barns, warehouses and residential buildings. Rain and snow slide right off it. It is somewhat expensive, but steel roofs last a long time.
- Asphalt shingles are the least expensive option. They are one of the most popular choices due to their low price and attractive appearance. They last between 20 and 30 years.
- Wood shingles, or shakes, look great. They are made from cedar or pine and provide excellent protection from hail and other bad weather. They come in different colors that will match your building’s exterior.
- Slate shingles look magnificent, especially on municipal buildings or high-end homes. Slate can close to 100 years. It is durable and easy to repair if it gets damaged. Slate shingles can be expensive, but you can get inexpensive rubber shingles that resemble slate.
Another important part of your roof is the gutter system. If your gutters are clogged, Paramount can provide a Sugar Land gutter clean out. If the gutters have become loose or damaged, we can also perform a Sugar Land gutter installation. Leaf guards can help prevent debris like leaves and twigs from accumulating.
Give Paramount Roofing a call if you think your roof needs to be repaired or replaced. Our owner will visit your property and give you a no-obligation estimate for free.