Metal roofs are increasingly popular in our area and provide a unique look for many Texas homes including an impressive life span 3 to 7 times longer than asphalt shingles. If you are considering a Houston roof replacement, understanding your options may help you to make the right decisions regarding materials and roofing styles. Here are some key facts about metal roofs and how they can provide added value and increased curb appeal for your home or commercial business.
Versatile and Attractive
Metal shingle roofing can be configured to resemble a wide range of other materials, allowing you to enjoy a customized look for your home or business. Your Houston roofing company can provide you with a list of available options to ensure that your replacement roof looks great and meets your exacting specifications for appearance and quality.
An Array of Choices
You can choose from a number of metal materials for your new roof, including aluminum, stainless steel, copper, steel and advanced metallic alloys. Each of these options offers advantages for Houston roof replacement installations:
- Steel and stainless steel can provide superior durability and resistance to impacts. In most cases, a powder coating is applied to these materials to provide added customization options for color and appearance and to promote greater longevity for your roof. Galvanized steel and stainless steel is usually more expensive than plain steel and offers superior durability for most homeowners.
- Aluminum roofs are exceptionally lightweight and easy to install. The soft and malleable nature of aluminum, however, make it susceptible to dents and damage from hail, which could lead to a Houston roof repair and increased maintenance for your home.
- One of the most expensive options for your roof is also one of the most naturally beautiful. Copper metal roofing offers exceptional curb appeal for your home. Because copper is soft, these roofs are subject to many of the same drawbacks inherent in aluminum roofing installations.
- Alloys used in roofing are designed to provide optimal strength and durability while delivering the most beautiful results for your home.
Your Houston roofing company can provide you with detailed information on all these materials and can help you determine the right choice for your roofing project.
Configurations for Shingles and More
Once you have decided on the right material for your Houston roof replacement project, it is time to consider the configuration of your roof. Metal shingles come in a wide range of styles and price ranges to suit most budgets:
- Aluminum and copper shingles are available in faux-wood-shake configurations to create a custom look for your Houston home. Some of the most popular of these roofing options are manufactured by Zappone.
- Petersen Aluminum Corporation delivers Prestige Copper Shingles that consist of a layer of copper bonded to the top of asphalt shingles for the look of real copper without the price.
- Metal roofing coatings can mimic the look of many materials at a fraction of the cost. Galvanized steel shingles are available with baked-on finishes and granulated stone coatings to offer maximum versatility for homeowners in our area.
Working with a company that specializes in Houston roof repair and replacement services can help you manage your options and find the most beautiful and affordable solutions for all your roofing needs.
At Paramount Roofing, we insure our work to provide you with the greatest peace of mind throughout your project. We offer free estimates and can install the latest materials and shingle styles to help your home stand out from the crowd and to enhance your curb appeal. Our team of roofing experts can provide you with accurate estimates for your project at no cost to you. This added information can help you make the best decision for your Houston home. Call us today at 713-748-4000 to learn more about your roofing options and to schedule an estimate with Paramount Roofing.