Houston Residential Roofing Company
Your home is one of the biggest investments you will make. For that reason, if you need to replace your roof, you should only trust an experienced Houston residential roofing company. Oftentimes, an inexpensive roof replacement will lead to expensive problems down the road. It makes more sense to hire the best roofing company to protect the investment you have in your home. A company that takes shortcuts and has a lack of experience can mean long-term problems for you.
Residential Roof Replacement
Replacing a roof involves a proven, multistep process.
- First, the existing roofing materials must be removed down to the decking. Manufacturers recommend disposing of the old roof covering rather than installing shingles over it. Your new roof will last longer if it is not installed over the existing shingles. The old flashing is also removed so that the decking can be checked for rotted or damaged areas that will need to be replaced.
- Second, the underlying material known as roof felt is installed between the decking and the roof covering as a barrier against water and ice.
- Third, the new roof covering of shingles, tile or metal is applied.
- Fourth, flashing is applied where leaks might come into the house. Flashing is installed in areas where the chimney and stack vents penetrate the roof.
- Fifth, the roof vent is installed.
- An optional energy-efficient radiant barrier can also be installed to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in winter, and do not forget about Houston gutter installation to help protect your new roof and home.
Choosing the Right Material for Your Replacement Roof
To help you decide what kind of material you want on your new roof, consider the following questions.
- Will you be living in your home for a long while?
- Do you want to upgrade your roof?
- Do you want a durable roof that will also look great?
- Do you want the job done correctly or quickly?
If you are like most property owners, you want the replacement roof installed properly, and you want it to be attractive. A good choice in that case would be asphalt or cedar shake shingles. Both materials are affordable and good looking. Asphalt shingles are available in a wide range of styles and colors and cedar shake looking shingles provide an old, rustic look.
Tile roofing is the most popular roofing material in the U.S. It is incredibly durable, insulates well, and it protects better than any other material. Tiles have been undergoing continual refinements for the last 50 years to improve their performance. They shed water naturally and ventilate well, which permits them to be used as a primary covering in places like Houston that is known for hot, humid weather.
Roofing tiles are available in numerous colors, styles and sizes. They are great if you need to match your roof to the architectural style of your home, such as historic, contemporary, authentic Spanish, Mediterranean or colonial. They can be round or flat and made to resemble materials that are centuries old.
Tiles can also withstand high winds thanks to their sheer weight. They are easier to install, and if they are damaged by fallen tree limbs, they can be replaced individually.
Do you need to repair or replace the roof on your home? Call the roofing experts at Paramount Roofing for a free quote. We answer the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 713-748-4000.