Questions to ask Roofers
You realize that there is no way to delay purchasing a new Houston roof any longer. Whether your roof has been damaged by fallen tree branches, has been slowly degraded by the sun’s UV rays or has sustained wind damage, a visit from a Houston residential roofing company is in your immediate future. There are some questions you should ask any prospective Houston roofing company to make sure you select the best company for the job.
Start by asking your friends and family what Houston roof company they have used in the past. Search the Internet for companies that service your area, then check their online reviews. When you have narrowed down your search to the top three roofers, contact them, and set up an appointment for an estimate. Nearly every roofing company will give you a free, no-obligation estimate.
When the roofing company’s representative arrives, they will probably examine your roof from the ground level with binoculars. If there is an obvious problem, they might have to climb up on the roof for a closer look. They will do some measuring and ask you a few questions regarding the type of materials you want for your new roof. They might ask if you want a radiant barrier or if you want an energy-efficient cool roof. After hearing your preferences, you will be given an estimate for the repair or replacement.
Now, it is time for you to ask the roofer some important questions.
- The first question to ask is if the company is fully bonded and insured. If they are not, scratch them off your list. You want your Houston roofer to be bonded and insured in case something goes wrong.
- Ask how long the company has been in business. Try to find a roofer with at least 15 to 20 years in the business. A firm with that much experience has seen it all and will know how to handle any situations that arise.
- Request some recent nearby references. Be diligent, and call them all. Drive by their properties to see how their roofs look.
- Find out who will be supervising the job. If the estimator is not the on-site foreman, get their name and phone number, and call. Ask if they be on-site for the whole job. Ask about their team and how long they have been together.
- Ask about the anticipated start and completion dates, how they will approach the project and make sure to get everything in writing.
- Find out if their company provides general roofing services or specializes in certain services, such as green roofs. If you want your roof to be out of the ordinary, find a specialist.
- Ask if you will need a work permit. An experienced Houston roof company will know what permits are required and how to get them.
By asking these questions, you are going to get a good idea of which roofing company you think will do the best job. Always get at least three quotes. Call Paramount Roofing to have our owner come to your home to personally give you an estimate and answer your questions. We can be reached at 713-748-4000.