Everything degrades. After a month, your first bicycle lost some of its shine. Your new car was not the same after two years, and the roof on your business will invariably suffer beneath the severe effects of Houston’s hot summers and cold winters. If you want to maintain the life of your commercial roof, you need an experienced Houston roofing company to set up a complete roof maintenance program that will extend its life and guarantee solid protection of your assets beneath it.
A roof faces so many assailants during the course of a year. Blazing sun, ice storms, strong winds, driving rain and pounding hail can all cause their share of damage. That incremental damage leads to minor leaks which will send you searching for a Houston roofing contractor to remedy the problem before it gets out of control.
Any Houston commercial roofer with years of experience understands the most common types of roofing problems that befall commercial roofs. It is absolutely essential that you establish a maintenance program so that your roof gets checked periodically for small problems that could become a real-life nightmare. Experience servicing roofs can be the difference between a quick fix of a small problem or having a new roof installed after the minor issue becomes major. By having your roof regularly checked, you can keep any sort of reactive expenses low and avoid emergency repairs. When it comes to roof maintenance, being proactive is critical. It can ensure compliance with the warranty while reducing issues with any tenants. Plus, you can save about 67 percent on minor repairs under a maintenance program because they are non-taxable.
An experienced roofing company understands the various stresses to a roof that novice roofing companies might not recognize. Your new roof should be problem-free for decades of use, especially if the roofing company knows the potential stress points.
- Flat roofs are a great place to put air conditioning and heating units. However, they can puncture the roof if they were not installed correctly.
- During installation and repairs, toolboxes and access panels might have been dropped or pulled across the roof, which can damage it.
- Parts of the roof that are not draining correctly could gather water, dirt and debris from nearby trees. These pools can dissolve the roof system’s chemicals, like UV protection, and degrade its performance.
Any of these typical problems can be fixed easily, but they could cause major roof failure if left unattended. A good maintenance program can extend the life of your roof by approximately 10 percent.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Roofing Contractor
You should keep these things in mind when you are looking for the right roofing contractor to maintain your roof.
- Only hire a bonded, experienced roofing company.
- Get more than one bid to compare prices.
- Request references from other commercial accounts.
- Examine the company’s insurance policy for liability and workers’ compensation.
- Be sure the contract includes cleanup and removal of debris.
- Call the Better Business Bureau to verify the company’s reputation.
Be sure you understand the terms of the warranty, and get it in writing. It is just as important to know what is not covered as what is included in the warranty.
Your roof must be properly maintained to properly perform its job and for as long as possible. Paramount Roofing has been in business for decades in the Houston area. We have the knowledge, and our technicians have the experience to keep your roof in good shape for years to come. Give us a call to set up a free, no obligation checkup on your roof by our owner. We can be reached at 713-748-4000.