Getting a Sugar Land roof replacement is a big decision. If you plan on remaining in your home or business for a few decades, it is probably unavoidable. Should violent weather occur, you may have to replace the roof sooner than you expected. Regardless of the circumstances, you should follow this advice before the replacement begins.
- Have a Sugar Land roofing company inspect your roof even when you are replacing it by choice. If there is no substantial damage, the inspection will keep your roofers honest and could alert you to bigger problems. If your roof is damaged, a pro can determine the extent of the damage. If a few shingles are loose, you might be able to have it repaired. However, if numerous shingles or tiles are missing, your roof is leaking or a fallen branch punctured it, you will need a complete replacement. This is a great opportunity to install a more energy-efficient, attractive roof. It is also a smart move if you plan to sell the property.
- Get in touch with your insurance company. You will have to pay for the job yourself unless there is storm damage that is covered in your policy. Your insurers may be willing to give you some sort of rebate or financial incentive for regular maintenance if you let them know that the job will be done by a reputable Sugar Land roofing contractor like Paramount Roofing. It does not take very long to find out what your policy covers.
- Do your homework. Check into the types of roofing materials available because the price can vary considerably. Asphalt shingles are the least expensive choice, and they are quite sturdy. Tile and wood shakes, on the other hand, can be more aesthetically pleasing options. Slate is a beautiful but requires a robust foundation due to its weight. Always use top-quality roofing products. You might also look into adding solar panels. Check with your HOA to see what restrictions apply.
- Always get a few referrals before you hire a roofer. Drive by and look at some of the roofs that the different companies installed. When you receive an estimate, confirm that the company is bonded and insured. The lowest price is not the best deal if the job is done poorly.
- You will probably be required to pay a deposit but do not pay the entire balance until the Sugar Land roof replacement is completed to your satisfaction and the roofing company has used a magnet bar to pick up all the nails from your old roof.
Paramount Roofing has been serving the Houston metro area for over 20 years. Our skilled technicians will visit your home, examine your roof and provide a binding estimate. Give us a call at 713-748-4000. Do not settle for a second-rate job. Hire the best.